Since 2009, the Islote de Lobos Natural Park was declared Protected Natural Area, and is part of the Fuerteventura Biosphere Reserve. Before venturing to visit it, you should know that it is necessary to request an authorization that can be obtained free of charge. Next we explain how to request permission to visit Isla de Lobos.
It is one of the most special and least known areas on the planet for its biodiversity. Hence the importance of keeping it in good condition, and that is a daily task and the responsibility of anyone who decides to embark on enjoying this wonder.
If you want to book a ferry ride to this paradise, the first step is to access the official page where authorizations are managed. This is an essential measure that helps preserve the environment and wildlife on our planet.
Steps to follow to request permission
- Enter the website LoboPass.
- Choose the date and time of your visit. It is important to consider that you can only do it five days before.
- Enter your data (name, age, country of origin, identity number, email).
- Check your inbox, where you will find the downloadable permission.
- Save on mobile or print the authorization.
Once these steps have been completed, it is essential that you book your ferry trip to Isla de Lobos. The departures are made from Corralejo and, in just twenty minutes, you will arrive at this wonderful destination. Visitors will have the joy of contemplating one of the most beautiful places in Fuerteventura with a view of the Canarian mountains and the open-air sea.
Keys about the authorization to visit Isla de Lobos
- As indicated on the platform LoboPass, the permit is free, personal and non-transferable.
- The authorization allows access to Isla de Lobos, but does not include the means of transportation.
- It is an essential accrediting document to visit the islet, in case of not taking it with you, it will be considered a breach of the regulations that seek to preserve this natural space; therefore, you will not be able to stay on the island.
It should be noted that the measure of granting permits to visit Isla de Lobos seeks to guarantee the conservation of the island's habitats, as well as the natural dynamics and structure of the ecosystems present on it, as well as guaranteeing the protection of the native flora and fauna, with preference for threatened or endemic species, with in order to protect stability and biological diversity.
The Islote de Lobos Natural Park offers the opportunity to visit a protected Biosphere Reserve formed by a natural archipelago. It could be said that it is one of the most beautiful and welcoming corners of the Fuerteventura Archipelago. The area in which it is located is a fishing area for recreational purposes that allows lovers of the sea to enjoy good times throughout the summer, ideal for sailing in contact with sea lions.
We hope that you do not need to convince yourself that seeing the Islote de Lobos is a unique and exciting opportunity. Go for it!